In this activity, you will first describe how critical analysis skills have affected your framework of perception. Next, you will describe how examining your bias might change how you interact with popular culture. Finally, you will explain how critical analysis skills can impact your academic or professional lives.
You are not required to address each item below the rubric criteria, but you may use them to better understand the criteria and guide your thinking.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Describe how critically analyzing popular culture has informed your individual framework of perception.
- Consider how it has altered the way you perceive the community around you and/or the world.
- Describe how examining your bias may alter the way you engage with popular culture personally or professionally.
- Reflect on your own bias and then consider how an awareness of one’s bias can change how you interact with popular culture.
- Explain how critically analyzing popular culture can influence your field of study or profession.
- Consider how studying popular culture might inform your understanding of the next big topic of study in your field of study or profession.
What to Submit
Submit your short paper as a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style. Consult the Shapiro Library APA Style Guide for more information on citations.