“You have recently been asked to give advice to a restaurant owner who wishes the business to become more socially responsible. You know that there are a lot of issues that you might consider and as a first step you have agreed with them to work on one area of the business.
Pick one of the following areas:
• Pay rates and tipping policies amongst staff
• Sourcing and purchasing of ingredients (including relationships with suppliers)
• Waste management and environmental impact”
“Produce a report (of 3,000 words, +/- 10%) in which you:
1. identify one of the following areas:
2. Outline 3 key issues/challenges the owner may face within the area you have selected to write about.
3. For each key issue/challenge explain what ‘responsible’ or ‘ethical’ practice looks like.
4. Outline the policies or ideas the owner can implement to overcome these 3 key issues.”