For this assignment, you must create a network diagram from scratch, outlining activities involved. NOT due until September 24th. However, I can say that this assignment will take some time to complete correctly, so please start early. Please make sure your calculations are correct prior to submitting. You will only be able to submit this assignment once. Please refer to a couple of examples attached. Note that this must be in diagram format (boxes with ES, EF, LS, and LF labeled). All boxes much show durations. I will not be able to grade without durations. I have attached two examples of previous submissions for your review (only as a basis and starting point; these students did not necessarily receive full credit). Please read below carefully before beginning.
The numbers should be in or around the individual boxes. Putting your numbers in a separate key will not be accepted.
1) Create and name a project (such as planning a wedding, building an addition to the house, training for a marathon, etc). This can be any project you choose.
2) Create a network diagram with boxes (must be in some type of typed format (word, excel or other electronic format). This may not be drawn out. You may use any system such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
3) Network diagram must have at least 10 activities and each activity. Each unit should represent a day. For example, if you have and ES of 1, this means that 1 = day 1 of the project. Although one of the examples shows a “start” as the first activity, you will need to make the first box, your first activity. Your first activity should have an ES of 1, not 0.
4) Network diagram must have at least 1 activity with 2 predecessors. This means that the start of one activity is dependent upon the completion of both prior activities.
5) Project in the network diagram must take at least 15 days to accomplish. The last EF should be no earlier than 15.
6) Correctly label and identify the ES, EF, LS, LF and Float for each activity. (Be sure to provide a key for the boxes so I know what you are identifying as each ES, EF, LS, LF and Float). I would like everyone to put ES in upper left, EF, in upper right, LS in lower left, LF in lower right. Duration should go on top middle and float should go in middle of box.
7) Identify Critical Path in some way by either highlighting the critical path or denoting in some other way.
You will be graded as follows:
20 points – Diagram has at least 1 activity with 2 predecessors
20 points – Diagram has at least 10 activities
20 points – 15 days in length and begins on day 1
15 points – Correctly identify the Critical path (you can do this by drawing arrows or color coding the critical path)
5 points – All ES must be correct (-5 for any 1 incorrect ES)
5 points – All EF must be correct (-5 for any 1 incorrect EF)
5 points – All LS must be correct (-5 for any 1 incorrect LS)
5 points – All LF must be correct (-5 for any 1 incorrect LF)
5 points – All Floats must be correct (-5 for any 1 incorrect Float)
Only typed formats will be accepted. Drawing and scanning will not be accepted
Please note that incorrectly labeling one ES, EF, LS, or LF will most likely cause all of them to be off.